It’s funny how one’s perception of the weekend changes over time. I can remember when I was little, weekends meant sleepovers, watching cartoons and donuts (mmmm….donuts!). Once I got a little older, weekends were about staying out late, partying and sleeping the day away (oh what I wouldn’t give to sleep the day away…). Now, my weekends are a success if I get out of bed by 8, stay in my pjs as long as possible and spend lots of time as a family.
So, taking my current standards into consideration, I would say this weekend was a home run! I was able to get done all of the things I set out to do. Pedicure? Check! Make naughty clean eating dessert? Check! Snuggle with my baby (and take a 3 hour nap!)? Check! Play a late night game of Scattergories with the hubby? Check! Eat delicious, clean food? Check! Pretty nice little Saturday if you ask me (although I didn’t have time to go to Bed, Bath and Beyond…)! And my tummy is happy too…
1. Breakfast: 1 cup Greek yogurt topped with 2 pluots, pitted and chopped and 1 tbsp ground flaxseeds
2. Snack #1: 1 cup halved grape tomatoes, 1 oz mozzarella, cubed, 1 tsp olive oil, 1 tsp balsamic vinegar and 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
3. Lunch: 1 serving Five-Spice Pork with Sweet and Sour Broccoli
4. After Lunch Treat: 1 Sweet Potato Peanut Butter Blondie
6. Dinner: 4 oz chicken, 3 cups arugula sauteed in 1 tsp olive oil and 1 tsp red wine vinegar, 1 cup cooked quinoa, handful of steamed broccoli
Highlights: Although it is obvious that the Sweet Potato Peanut Butter Blondie was the highlight of my
life day, since it’s not on the meal plan it’s not in the running for a shout out. So I will have to go with the deconstructed caprese salad I had for my snack. I have never thought to make it this way but it was super delish! Only wish there was a bit more to be enjoyed…
Lowlights: As much as I like the pepperiness of arugula, I wasn’t a fan of it warm. The sauté didn’t turn out as yummy as I had hoped. I think in that future I will stick with cold arugula on salads and sandwiches.
1. Breakfast: Banana- Nut Oatmeal (Combine 3/4 cup cooked oats, 1/4 cup cooked teff, 1 banana, sliced, 1 tsp honey, 1/4 tsp cinnamon and 10 hazelnuts, chopped)
2. Snack #1: 1 apple sliced and 2 tbsp almond butter
3. Lunch: Ginger Tofu Stir-fry (3 oz tofu, chopped, sautéed in 1 tsp olive oil with 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped, 1/2 zucchini, chopped, 1/2 cup green beans, 1 tsp low sodium soy sauce and 1/4 tsp peeled and minced ginger on top of 1 cup cooked brown rice).
4. Snack #2: Vanilla Peach Treat
6. After Dinner Treat: 1 Sweet Potato Peanut Butter Blondie with 1 cup milk
Highlights: Breakfast was divine! It was just what I needed to get my day started off right :) I love the combination of the oats and the teff. Makes for an interesting and delicious texture. I will most definitely be enjoying this again.
Lowlights: Not too sure about the salmon pasta. I like salmon and I like pasta. But together? Not a match made in heaven. Which is why I decided to reward myself with a blondie for dessert :)
After some good rest, pretty pink toes and a clean eating dessert fix, I’m ready to start my week off on the right foot :) Happy Monday!
ps: How was your weekend?