I love surprises! Especially when they come from my good friends at Conscious Box :) Nothing makes me happier than an unexpected subscription box delivered straight to my door. Filled with pure and sustainable products to nourish your body, quench your thirst, satisfy your sweet tooth, or save the planet, Conscious Box continues to outdo themselves with the quantity and quality of the goodies they offer.
I first fell in love with Conscious Box about a year ago. I have always had an obsession with subscription boxes but Conscious Box took it to a whole new level. Conscious Box encourages you to live life to the fullest by offering green and clean products that are sure to enhance your wellbeing. And since the New Year is an opportunity for many of us to start fresh, this month’s Conscious Box is all about creating and continuing healthy habits.
The night I received my box, I had one of my closest girlfriends over for dinner. I was excited to share the awesome goodies with her. We made sure to try everything and give it a thorough review. Out of all 11 products, we are officially fans of each and every one! Check out what I am going wild for in my Conscious Box this month…
1. Happy Squeeze Fruit and Veggie Twist: Blueberry, Apple & Purple Carrot- Harper has never been a fan of pureed foods. In the beginning of her solid food journey I would make them for her myself. But when she refused to eat it I began looking around for other alternatives. That is when I discovered that pureed baby food now comes in cute and convenient little pouches. Well, even with their fancy flavors and colorful packaging, Harper was still not interested in purees. Which meant I was left to eat the remaining baby food pouches that were sitting in my pantry. And I’m not ashamed to admit I loved every single one. But apparently I am not the only mama who was sneaking into my baby’s food stash because Happy Squeeze now makes an entire smoothie line for adults. And they are AMAZING!!! They are perfect to hide away in your purse, car or desk for moments of hunger and offer tons of vitamins and nutrients. Loving this new addiction :)
2. Nutiva Organic Hemp Seed- I became hip to hemp seeds over the summer. And they are by far my favorite super food. For such a small seed, they pack a major punch. And they are so easy to add to any meal or beverage. Sprinkle them on your salad for an extra crunch, blend them up in a smoothie for additional protein, or shovel them by the handful in your mouth for an afternoon snack. And just in case you need a little inspiration for what to do with these teeny tiny seeds of love, check out Nutiva’s extensive collection of delicious hemp recipes.
3. Maakoa Koopuwa Superfruit Beverage- I am not one to drink my calories, but I am all for drinking your vitamins. This antioxidant beverage not only tastes divine but it will make you feel like a total rock star! Drinking only 1-2 ounces 2x/day provides your body with B1, B2, and B3 vitamins, essential amino and fatty acids, which help to boost your immune system, lower cholesterol levels and increases your energy and stamina. Now I will drink to that!
4. Hail Merry Chocolate Macaroons- Ever since my clean eating journey began, I have been hooked on these. They are free of refined sugar, grains and animal products and are dangerously addictive. And let’s just put it out there…I don’t even like coconut!!! Wouldn’t know it was the main ingredient unless you told me. If you haven’t tried these, you need to. No one likes to feel deprived when they are eating healthy but with these all your sweet dreams will come true. And when Freddie and I jump back on the clean eating band wagon next week, you can bet your bottom dollar these chocolate gems will be my saving grace.
5. Peeled Snacks Apple Clusters: Berry Crunch- If you ever find me in the line at Starbucks, I will most likely be holding a Cheese and Fruit Bistro Box in one hand and a bag of Peeled Mango Snacks in the other. They are amazing and are quite often responsible for satisfying my relentless mango craving. So when I saw this bag of berry goodness in my box I couldn’t wait to rip it open and scarf it down. I popped one of the crunchy purple clusters in my mouth and was immediately transported to my childhood days at Palisades Park in front of the snack shop. Nerds! They taste like Nerds. You know those sinfully delicious candies that are chock full of nothing but sugar and artificial food coloring. Yuck! (to the chemicals). Yum! (to the flavor). But these apple clusters are made with nothing but pure, organic ingredients. Which makes me believe that these snacks would be the perfect thing to throw in a lunch box for both kids and adults to enjoy.
6. Dr Singha’s Mustard Bath- Wanna escape to a serene spa somewhere on a tropical island? Look no further than this naturally healing and aromatic mustard bath. I wish I had the pleasure of enjoying it but I have a thing about baths (total germaphone!) Thankfully, Freddie was ready and willing to give it a go. And according to how he looked (zenned out) and smelled (amazing) when he got out of his long and relaxing bath, he highly recommends it. Slightly jealous, I hopped on the website and found this wonderful massage oil which I plan on using after a hot shower or if I am really lucky, Freddie will offer to use it the next time he gives me a foot rub (fingers crossed).
7. Simply Straws- Did you know that more than 500 million disposable plastic straws are used and disposed of in the US every day? Shamefully, I am a contributor to that statistic. But thanks to Simply Straws, I can make a difference. With their reusable glass straws, Simply Straws is not only helping to reduce the amount of plastic we use but they are also saving your smile. Created by a dental hygienist, these straws help people with problems such as teeth sensitivity, staining and erosion. They come in a variety of colors, shapes and sizes and fit perfectly in any cup you prefer. I can’t wait to put mine to use and bring it with me wherever I go.
8. Dale’s Raw Raspberry Hazelnut Protein Bar- It’s no secret that most protein bars out there taste like cardboard. Tough, flavorless and full of chemicals, what some view as “healthy” is really just a highly processed chunk of crap (does that sound harsh?). But what if I told you that I found the most delicious, most pure, and simply the best protein bar on the face of the planet? Dale’s Raw Protein Bars are not only made with all natural ingredients but they are packaged fresh each week, by hand, and shipped directly to your door (which means that they haven’t been sitting on a shelf collecting dust for God knows how long). They have 12 delicious flavors to choose from of which I am looking forward to trying the Graham Cracker and Vanilla Cashew :)
9. Amazing Grass Kidz Superfood: Wild Berry- I am pretty darn lucky that Harper LOVES her veggies. But for most parents it can be a struggle to get their kids to eat healthy. However, how many kids do you know that don’t like juice? Well, the geniuses over at Amazing Grass have created a super delicious, superfood powder that when added to water creates a kid friendly beverage that will pack them full of three full servings of fruits and vegetables in one glass. Pretty much sounds like magic, right? Oh, did I mention it comes in Chocolate too? Yeah, won’t have to worry about your kids meeting their daily recommended servings of fruits and veggies anymore. Now that’s what I call winning!
10. Bodhichitta Botanicals Wild & Free Lotion- For my birthday, a very good friend of mine gifted me with a set of Nurture the Goddess Bodhichitta Botanicals. When I get the chance to have a shower that lasts longer than 3 minutes, (which is usually on the weekends) I indulge myself with everything from the shower gel, body balm and lotion. The scents of lavender, rose geranium and clary sage relax me, balance me and help me to take a moment for myself. This Wild and Free Lotion is about to take that pampering session to a whole new level. With the essence of patchouli and sweet orange this collection is invigorating, giving you the confidence to conquer the world. I love the way this lotion made my skin feel. So hydrated without leaving any oily residue. And it feels good to know that their products are cruelty free, made without petroleum or synthetic preservatives, artificial colors or fragrances. Just pure and natural ingredients. The way skin care should be.
11. PeopleTowels- Similar to my use of disposable straws, I have a terrible habit of
overusing paper towels both in my home and when I am out and about. But now I have support in breaking that habit and forming a new one. PeopleTowels are an on-the-go sustainable alternative to paper towel waste. It is simple a reusable hang towel made from organic cotton that is absorbent and quick drying. I keep mine in my kitchen where I tend to do the most hand washing during my cooking escapades and I am excited about picking up a few more to put around my house and throw in my car or purse. And with tons of designs to choose from, there is a style for everyone. Or go ahead and make your own. Just make sure you join me in kicking the paper towel habit and picking up the PeopleTowel habit :)
Looks like 2013 is going to be a great year. And to thank you for your loyalty and support in 2012, Conscious Box is offering a free box to one lucky reader. So here’s the scoop…
For additional entries…
1. Subscribe to this blog and leave a comment telling me you have done so. If you already subscribe to my blog, then leave me a comment telling me that you are already subscribed (and thanks for the support!).
2. Follow @consciousbox on Twitter and leave a comment on this post letting me know you’ve done so.
3. Pin this giveaway and comment here with a link to your post.
The more entries you have, the better your chances are to win. The giveaway will close at 12:01 am on February 1st. A winner will be randomly selected and announced on February 2nd. Make sure to include your email address with your comment so that I can contact you if you win.
*Full Disclosure: Conscious Box did provide me with a box free of charge. I was not paid to write this post. With exception of some of the factual information given about the various products, all opinions regarding the products are my own and 100% honest.