Before I get into what I have been munching on the last few days, I need to share something with you.
I know you are not going to believe me when I tell you this, but I lost my keys today. No joke. The universe is having a blast with me and the idea of locking me out of things. Can someone please translate this for me?
So, as suggested by my husband, I stayed home most of the morning. Harper and I lounged in our PJS, built igloos with her blocks and did some chores. In the midst of doing laundry, I ran out of soap. So I decided to run to the store to pick some up. While I was out I figured I would take care of some other errands I needed to do. Harper and I took a trip to Michaels to get some treat bags for her Valentine’s day party tomorrow. As I approached the car I went to grab the keys from the shopping cart and they were gone. I went back in the store and walked each aisle 3 or 4 times. I kept asking the store clerks and the managers if anyone had turned them in but no such luck. I reluctantly called Freddie again and he said he would be to us as soon as he could. In the meantime I went back out to the parking lot and scoped out the scene. I decided to go into a few other stores to see if someone had turned them in there and sure enough I found them at RiteAid. But after yesterdays debacle, I didn’t feel like laughing, I felt like crying. Guess I need to start affixing my keys to my hip. Lesson learned. Again.
Luckily, I am loving this Fresh Start Challenge. So lets focus on what’s right around here and take a look at the grub…
1. First Thing: Amazing Grass’s Amazing Meal mixed with Coconut Water- Still totally in love with this drink. It’s sweet, it’s healthy, it’s delicious. I will most definitely be continuing this routine once the challenge is completed.
2. Breakfast: Spinach and Egg Scramble- Talk about a party in the skillet. Eggs, spinach, garlic, green onions, red bell pepper, goat cheese, tomatoes and avocado. Yummy in my tummy. This meal had me FULL! So much delicious goodness I lasted until the late afternoon before I was ready for lunch. Breakfast of champions for sure.
3. Lunch: Fresh Tuna Salad over Lettuce- Finished off the last of the fresh tuna today. Such a simple dish to make and yet so life changing. Had I known it was this easy to make homemade tuna from fresh fish I would have been doing this ages ago. My favorite recipe so far.
4. Snack: Amazing Grass Bar- A chocolate bar that is healthy? Look no further. Amazing Grass has made all of my wildest dreams come true. You need to eat one of these. Stat.
5. Dinner: Tomato Basil Bisque with Quinoa and Goat Cheese- This vegetarian soup knocked my socks off. Love the addition of the quinoa and goat cheese which made it a bit more hearty. It was the first time I ever cooked with coconut milk and I am officially hooked. Can’t wait to share the recipe with you guys!
6. Snack: Nana’s Peanut Butter Cookie- So, the meal plan suggested Nana’s Gluten Free Cookie Bars, but I was unable to find them. Which means I indulged in a peanut butter cookie instead. And it was oh so sinful (in a good way). No refined sugar, no eggs and no dairy. Looking forward to seeing what their other products taste like.
1. First Thing: Amazing Grass’s Amazing Meal mixed with Coconut Water- Not much more for me to say except for I am officially Amazing Grass’s number one fan. As much as I love the Pomegranate and Mango flavor, I can’t wait to taste some of the other varieties they offer.
2. Breakfast: Naturally Sweetened Goat Yogurt- After my Amazing Meal, I wasn’t really hungry for breakfast, so this yogurt was perfect. I have a few other flavors in the fridge but went with my favorite Apricot Mango instead. Next time, strawberry :)
3. Lunch: Brown Rice Sushi- When I read that I got to eat sushi today I started having daydreams of enjoying fresh sushi at my favorite japanese restaurant while sipping on a mug of green tea. And then I remembered I had a toddler, and realized, it would probably be easier to pick up some sushi from Whole Foods (which happened to be where I was buying my laundry detergent anyways). Their sushi is pretty good and very fresh and the whole experience of eating it in the comfort of my home while Harper scarfed down her mac and cheese was much more relaxing than eating at a restaurant.
4. Snack: Almonds and an Apple- Nothing fancy, just something simple. But the perfect pairing, really. Salty and sweet. And easy to eat on the go. I grabbed this snack before heading out to take Harper to swim class and it absolutely hit the spot.
5. Dinner: Smoked Salmon Rolls- Stuffed with goat cheese, avocado, arugula, Dijon mustard, Kalamata olives, green onions and a little bit of cilantro, these little gems are beyond decadent. I can see serving these as an appetizer or thrown on top of a salad. I am not the biggest fan of smoked salmon, but putting them under the broiler for 6-8 minutes almost made them taste like bacon.
6. Snack: Avo-Banana Pudding- This was a true experiment for me. I have never attempted using avocado in a sweet dish but the result was awesome! Plus, I got to use fresh coconut for the first time which was rad. The fresh strawberries really took this healthy dessert to the next level.
I am halfway through my first week and I am feeling great. I am not only enjoying delicious foods but I am learning a ton at the same time. In addition to the daily meal plans, the Fresh Start Challenge shares a video about how and why these life changes are important. I am so grateful for all the knowledge that I am gaining on this journey. My hope is that now that I know better, I will do better.
Wanna join me in turning over a new leaf? Check out Amazing Grass’s Two Week Challenge and commit this new year to creating a new you :)
*Full Disclosure: Amazing Grass provided me with one bottle of Amazing Meal free of charge. I was not paid to write this post. With exception of some of the factual information given about the various products, all opinions regarding the products are my own and 100% honest.