It’s a bright and shiny day here at InHerChucks.com. Once again I am feelin’ the blog love and I’m smiling from ear to ear. Liz from Family Foodie Survival Guide and April from Daily Frosting both surprised me with nominations for the Sunshine Blogger’s Award. This award is special because it is given to “bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere”. Wow! That puts a little pep in my step :) Thank you ladies for honoring me with this award. The feeling is mutual. Liz, your passion for eating healthy, local and fresh inspires me to eat well. Thank you for spreading the word on the truth about good food. April, your ability to relay stories which include humor, life lessons and truth is beautifully eloquent. Thank you for being the daily frosting on the cupcake of my day :)
Now on to my award responsibilities. Once I have linked back to the people who presented me with the award, I need to answer a list of questions. So here is goes…
1. Favorite Number: 9
2. Favorite Nonalcoholic Drink: Iced Tea
3. Facebook of Twitter: Facebook. I have yet to create an account on Twitter, although I have been told that I need to. So stayed tuned :)
4. My Passion: Helping others
5. Favorite Pattern: Damask
6. Favorite Day of the Week: Wednesday
7. Favorite Flower: Any flowers that my husband gives me :)
And now it is my pleasure to pass this award on to 10 more bloggers. So in alphabetical order, the nominees are…
1. The Accidental Pumpkin: As a CSA subscriber for the past two years, there have been many times where I felt in need of a handbook. Now, thanks to CSA Survival Tips by The Accidental Pumpkin, CSA subscribers are able to maximize their produce and face the CSA challenge with confidence. If only I would have found this blog sooner…
2. Almanac of Eats: Thanks to Steff Deschenes, I have learned, that everyday is a holiday! In her attempt to eat whatever the National Food Holiday is, readers are introduced to new recipes, products, and restaurants. And with days like National Chocolate Pudding Day…I can get used to these kinds of celebrations :)
3. Food. Fun. Life.: Mikelle’s food makes me happy. From Rainbow Swirl Cookies to Meatloaf “Cake” my tummy and imagination are satisfied. Her food is healthy and delicious but still has enough spunk to get you and your family excited to sit down for a meal together. Now if I could only decide which recipe to make first…
4. Have Dessert First: Anyone who suggests I eat dessert first is a winner in my book. But with meals like Grilled Fish Tacos and Shrimp Summer Rolls I have to admit, I am finding it hard to deny my main course. Not only does Novagirl offer mouth-watering recipes, but she posts nutrition facts for each recipe. So now you can have your cake and eat it too!
5. Me and Monster: A mother to an adorable toddler, Lynn uses her blog to document her little monster’s milestones, life as a stay at home mom, and the joys of raising and child. I love the way Lynn tells her stories with a humorous tone. Take this post for example…chances are if you have ever mothered a toddler, you have become familiar with the no pants party :)
6. No Giving Up Now: A newly single dad, Michael writes about everything from his kids sporting events, to dinner prep successes. I enjoy following his journey as he learns how to adjust to this new life of his. What inspires me most about his content is his “never give up” attitude. His positivity and determination are infectious.
7. Pink and Green Mama: A stay at home mom to two adorable little girls, bored is not a word that exists in MaryLea‘s vocabulary. Whenever I need a craft idea, I turn to this blog. There are so many amazing ideas, it’s hard to know where to start. I made this for Father’s Day and it was a huge hit! I am inspired daily by the ongoing creativity that is Pink and Green Mama!
8. Real Food, Real Deals: Feeding your family real food on a budget is no longer a myth thanks to Annemarie. With recipes that are easy to follow, using food that is affordable and fresh, Annemarie creates dishes that are tasty and appealing to the entire family. I mean, who’s gonna pass up a fresh baked Chocolate Zucchini Bite?
9. Sybaritica: Nothing inspires me more than people who try something new. C. John Thompson of Sybaritica not only loves to cook but he loves to experiment with his food. From Jellyfish and Cabbage Salad to Chocolate Dripped Cape Gooseberries his blog posts are always raising the bar on the age-old question…”What’s for dinner?”.
10. Unschooled Locavore: With a passion for all things local, Mason inspires me to stay close to home. A foodie with a mission to cook and eat food that he can trace back to its roots, Mason has created some killer meals with his local produce. Rhubar-b-q Pizza anyone? And with a resource page that features local products, Mason is making a difference, one blog post at a time.
Because I love my fellow bloggers and am extremely grateful for my faithful readers, I have decided to participate in an exciting giveaway. Remember when I introduced you to the Conscious Box back in February? Well the lovely people at Conscious Box are offering a free box for the month of July to one lucky reader. So here’s the scoop…
For additional entries…
1. Follow @consciousbox on Twitter and leave a comment on this post letting me know you’ve done so.
2. Subscribe to this blog and leave a comment telling me you have done so. If you’re already subscribe to my blog, then leave me a comment telling me that you are already subscribed (and thanks for the support!).
3. Pin this giveaway and comment here with a link to your post.
4. Blog about this giveaway and comment here with a link to your post.
5. Tweet about this giveaway and comment here with a link to your tweet.
The more entries you have, the better your chances are to win. The giveaway will close at 12:01 am on July 4th. A winner will be randomly selected and announced on July 5th. Make sure to include your email address with your comment so that I can contact if you win.