March was another jam-packed month full of road trips, days spent at the park and more Disney. With the change in weather our goal is to stay outside as much as we can. And the sites are just so beautiful. Beach views, fresh flowers and rolling hills. Yes, we are indeed blessed.
So here’s a peak at what we were up to this last month using some awesome prompts from Big Green Parenting Experiment’s Photo Challenge.
1. Day 2: Brrr- Although for most, March is still considered winter, here in California, March is when the weather warms up enough to take a trip (or two) to the beach. On this lovely evening we had the pleasure of joining our friends for dinner at their beach front home. The sunset was gorgeous and although there was nothing “brrr” about it, this is just what March looks like in our neck of the woods.
2. Day 3: Coat- Even though it is rare that one would need a coat around here during this time of year, it’s always nice to have a favorite one on hand. Splendid is one of my favorite companies and when I found this coat hiding on a clearance rack a few weeks back I couldn’t help but swoop it up. Now I sit and wait for the cold weather so I have a chance to bundle up in it.
3. Day 5: Entrance- One of my favorite things to do with Harper is to take her out for a “girls lunch”. With my busy teaching schedule it is not often that we get time for a leisurely afternoon out anymore, but when we do get a moment, we like to enjoy a meal at Harper’s restaurant of choice, California Pizza Kitchen.
4. Day 6: Frozen- I’ve admitted before that I have a serious weakness for 31 Flavors. I do my best to stay away from there because I know how dangerous it can be. But on this particular day I happened to be getting my nails done (which is next door) and was reading the photo challenge prompts for the day. “Frozen”. Well, that seems like the perfect excuse to pick up an ice cream :) And so I did.
5. Day 7: Gray- It doesn’t rain much where we live, so when it does, you got to snap a picture of it. Plus, even though the sky is gray, I happen to think it still looks pretty. The clouds are so fluffy and full they make me want to frolic in them.
6. Day 8: Hang- My little girl is a serious monkey. Our Monday music class meets at an awesome complex that has a play structure. So every week after music we head over to the structure and the kids have a ball. Harper loves to hang from the bar and kick her legs about. Gymnast in the making?
7. Day 10: Jumping- Whenever my sister, niece and nephews come to town, we always take a trip to Disneyland. This time we changed it up and headed to California Adventure. This was Harper’s first time and she had a blast! We went on a ton of rides and she loved each and every one of them. Unfortunately, this was one of the rides that she wasn’t tall enough for. But she still enjoyed watching the jellyfish jump up and down.
8. Day 11: 12: Lion/Lamb- Harper has a ton of stuffed animals, but no matter how many fun toys she gets, she still always asks for her “baby”. This little lamb is special to her and she will always be grateful to her Auntie Koko for giving it to her.
9. Day 18- Remembering- It’s hard to believe my big girl was once this tiny. I am so appreciative to my good friend Rachel for capturing these precious moments for us. Kind of makes me want to finally start planning for #2…
10. Day 20: Toes/Tows- This past Friday, Harper decided that she didn’t want to nap. I was in need of some major relaxation so since I couldn’t get some shut-eye, Harper and I went to get pedicures. Loving the painted piggy toes. And I have to say, she is right on the money with the pastel trend :)
11. Day 21: Upward- Harper’s sleep has been all over the place lately. Some days she doesn’t want to nap, and some days she falls asleep in the car unexpectedly. When she naps in the car I try not to move her. She usually wakes up and then won’t go back to sleep. So this particular time I went to a nearby park and hung out under the shade of a lovely tree. It was nice to catch a quiet moment and enjoy the pleasant weather.
12. Day 22: View- Even though we live so close to the beach, I don’t go as much as I should. A few weeks ago some of our close friends invited us out to a dinner on the water and it was a lovely break from our usual routine. With the days becoming longer and the weather warming up, it was a great way to unwind after a long week.
13. Day 24: Excitement- Like father, like daughter. Harper definitely takes after her dad in her love for the water. She started swimming at 5 weeks old and has been loving it ever since. This particular class she got to wear a cool hippo swim cap which was too adorable for me to pass up a photo-op.
14. Day 25: Yard- One of the things we love most about our new house is the yard. It is so nice to walk outside and be greeted with fragrant and colorful blooms. This yellow one just popped up the other day and I can’t get enough of its beauty. It is the perfect reminder that spring has sprung.
15. Day 27: Out of Place- Last weekend, Freddie woke up and decided he wanted to take an impromptu road trip. Not wanting to be a party pooper and excited for the unexpected adventure I quickly got dressed and we headed up the coast. We ended up in San Luis Obispo, a small down midway between Los Angeles and San Francisco. We had a great time checking out their sites and enjoyed some good eats. But we couldn’t leave without visiting a local tourist landmark downtown called Bubblegum Alley. It was neat (and slightly yucky) to see the collection of chewed gum in a variety of colors, but it was definitely “out of place” as my mother always taught me to throw my bubblegum in the trash :)
16. Day 28: Reflection- Palm trees. They get me every time. I guess it’s hard to deny that I am a California girl through and through. But if you browse through my pics, most of them include a palm tree or two. I love this picture and the reflection of the palm trees on the pond. And if you look close enough, you might even catch a glimpse of the family of turtles working on their tan on top of the rock.
17. Day 30: Peace- It may have cost us a trip through some windy roads, but the view at the top was nothing short of beautiful. And with no one around for miles, the silence was peaceful. We found this gem during our road trip last weekend and it will be a sight I never forget.
18. Day 31: Sweet- Trader Joe’s gets me every time. Being that berries are in season, so are shortcakes. And Hostess has nothing on these babies. Filled with homemade whipped cream and sliced strawberries and mango, I was in pure heaven.
Thanks for letting me share a little bit of March life with you. Wanna get in on the action? Check out this post for more details…and feel free to follow me on Instagram (@inherchucks) to keep up with the daily challenge.